Monday, April 28, 2008

Bye, Bye Auntie Lo



Well, Curtis's beloved Auntie Lo-lo has left for the next two years to live over in the Czech Republic. She is heading up the public sector of a capital campaign for Josiah Venture. We couldn't be more happy and excited for Lauree's new adventure and journey. It has been awesome watching God open so many doors and usher Lauree into this new role, as Lo would say, "this was not something that I wanted." But as the beginning of her journey unfolded, she couldn't help but say, "okay God, this is obviously where you want me, I'll go." Watching my sister open up her heart and follow in faith has been a tremendous example to me. Knowing where Lo has been and the pain she has recently expierienced her willingness to drop her net, leave her family and follow Him has spoken to my heart and blessed me greatly. We love you Lo and your presence at family gatherings will be greatly missed. I'm already working with boo so that when you come home he will be able to say auntie Lo. Don't fall in love with any Czech men who may steal your heart and keep you over there, we look forward to your return but are joyful for the next couple years of your journey. We love you!!!


3 comments:

Jen Jacobs said...

Tiff, I was SO thrilled to get to see and catch up with your sister before she left. I was reminded of how adventuresome and real a person she is. I can relate to the inspiration she is to you, completely.

Chris and Amber said...

Such sweet words Tiffany! I agree that Lauree's willingness to follow God even when she doesn't feel like it speaks volumes about her faith, and is a great encouragement and example to me and many others. This is what we are called to do. Actions speak louder than words!

Misty and Matt said...

That pic with you holding Curtis is precious- Lo will be missed. She'll make a huge impact there, as she does wherever she is!