Thursday, September 11, 2008

Um...Thanks

So I go into my midwives office today for my 37 (I'm actually 36 1/2) week appointment and do the usual pee in a cup, weigh in (my ultimate favorite), blood pressure check......you get the point. But when you get to 37 weeks they do a strep B exam which consists of a nice swab of the va-jj. So while Becky, my midwife, was swabbing she says that she can check my cervix to see if there is any softening. She says that she thinks its still early but she can check if I want. So I say sure why not. And then she says it, "God I love your cervix...you have the best cervix." You know, I have waited my whole life for someone to say that about my ass, but when you have your legs in stirrups laying on a cold table a complement is a complement. Um...thanks Becky, I'm glad my cervix has made your day.

So here's the cervix update: 3cm dialated and 75% effaced. I'll keep everyone posted.

7 comments:

Misty and Matt said...

Tiffany uncensored!! Love it. You crack me up...can you believe it little Henry is practically on his way! I got an epidural at 3cm:) and you're demo-ing your house! Holla

"I'm just a mess,Mommy" said...

What is the exact due date? Oh yea, must comment on the blog post as well...HAHAHA, LOOOVE your cervix...I must say, I'm a little jealous, no one has ever said that to me! How lucky you must feel! How is the kitchen demo coming along, faster than baby Henry I hope! Keep us posted, and please please let us know if you need any help. We would be happy to come down and help for a weekend. Don't hesitate!!!

j.yue said...

holla is right! we like dilation!
c'mon henry! so excited for you guys!

Chris and Amber said...

Hilarious! Gotta love midwives and their enthusiasm! Not sure how to reply to a comment like that...I might have laughed. How is the demo coming along? Sounds like Henry is moving closer to the finish line:-)

Dana said...

yeah- i am so stoked your cervix is that amazing and that it is moving right along. i am also extremely jealous. that is an amazing story to one day tell the boys too =) if you want to gross them out i guess.

bobbi jo said...

i always thought you had a nice A too! :)

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

I opened up my computer and read this and was cracking up. I shared your story of your lovely cervix with Katka my coworker (at a conservative Easter European missions organization) and she looked at me with the biggest eyes and amazement. No not at the loveliness of your cervix but the brazenness from which you shared your story. Your sister really wrote that? In a public place?! On her blog!!! So there you go, I love the fact that all of your girlfriends don't really bat an eye at the whole conversation in blogdom. I guess it is because we are all brazen American hussy women that talk like sailors and yield compliments to our anatomy!
Gotta say, I'm a bit jealous because last month when I was in Portland I had the lady at the club who was doing my eyebrows tell me that she was in love with my left eyebrow, no not both of my eyebrows, "just this one, I'm in love with this one." is a direct quote. But I think you win with the cervix.