Friday, September 19, 2008

100% Bonafide Hunk... & He's All Mine

I know that most of you will be shocked to learn of Tony's hidden talent...old school 80's rap. Well a few weeks ago he came home from work and told me he was chosen to participate in this "American Idol" spoof that Nike was putting on for a big conference that they were hosting. So Monday night my mom, sisters and Curtis headed out to the Nike campus to watch and cheer Tony on. There were 5 other contestants who were serious singers, and then there was my husband. I must admit I was so nervous for him my armpits were tingling. There was a packed auditorium and it was all truly set up like American Idol. Right down to all the audience members given gadgets that let us vote for the winner at the end of the show. Needless to say that my steller hubby was beaten by 1 vote to a lady that could really sing, i'm mean she was really good. It's okay babe, next time! Enjoy, and you might need to pause the video for a second before you begin to let it buffer.

14 comments:

bobbi jo said...

i don't even know what to say. i'm so proud. i think tony should be our new senior pastor! this is impressive stuff. nice job ton-loc.

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

From the very first time he met the family Tony has been shakin his groove thing and entertaining the masses! I loved being able to see this and I'm sorry that I couldn't be there in person! PS - you are a gracious loser!

Dana said...

that. was. amazing. my husband will be so impressed.

Chris and Amber said...

PRICELESS! I had no idea. That is some talent Tony has! Impressive! I felt a little out of breath just watching that! That is entertainment at it's finest.

Chris said...

well done tony! he reminded me a little of steve urkel with those glasses and the hat:)
tiff i'm sure you were sooo proud! when's that baby coming?

Misty and Matt said...

Matt and I are amazed at the raw talent Tony! We'd pay for another performance :)

j.yue said...

ummmm. whoa. where is this coming from!!!!!!!!! like i knew that he had some good talent in this department but...i had no idea! peter is going to die! can i book him for peter's 40th birthday?????? now you gotta worry about nike groupies. dang it!
way to go tony. man. amazing.

PY said...

Nice work. I'm impressed that you brought out the first rap song from '79. You know that you should actually be in an adidas track suit though. haha! I knew you had talent when you were rappin' a little song by E-Z Rock on roller skates.

You have clearly eclipsed my lame rendition of Poison's "Pour some sugar on me." Keep December free because you'll be booked for my birthday (not 40th though).

Hip-hop is not dead when Tony is doing his thing.

j.yue said...

uhhh. clearly peter was never. ahem. a bu** rock fan. that would be def leppard dear. not poison. yes, i wore the fish net tights and all back in the day before i realized that their was a God who loved me despite and that they are not attractive...but seriously, let's get this one straight. and peter's performance of that song...interesting. yikes. i am so glad he loves hip-hop.

PY said...

ODB once said. Wu Tang is for the children...

And now we all have kids... so there you go.

MillerFam5 said...

Wow! Tony just went up a notch in my cool book! I can't wait to show Justin!

Dana said...

are you still pregnant???? because you need to keep me updated...vicarious living and all.

Misty and Matt said...

I'm also wondering if you're still prego, T?! How's the house coming along, and the weds study? Hope all is well in the Tom household.
Love you guys

Anonymous said...

Um, can I have your husband's autograph puh-lease? =) No joke, I am uber impressed =)

I hope you're well--- I assume Henry's out now and you're recovering and adjusting to life with two.

Love you girl. I look forward to an update when you have the energy.