Thursday: It was exactly a week ago that Nike decided they didn't need the services of my husband anymore. But he wasn't alone, he was among almost 600 that got let go just on the Beaverton campus, close to 1700 world wide. It was a great year with Nike and Tony would gladly go back if the time comes...but for now, were working with a clean slate. We aren't quite sure where the Lord is going to lead us, but we are confident in His promises and that He will be with us through this journey.
So at noon my husband came home, we put the kids down for a nap and had a glorious picnic in our backyard, got a little sun and laughed a lot. That night I got together with a group of my girlfriends at the Tin Shed Garden Cafe for great food, laughter, and friends...ahhh medicine to the soul!
Friday:
We decided to celebrate Tony's 1st day off with a morning hike. We drove up to Multnomah Falls and hiked to the top. It was a glorious day, words cannot describe, just a day where your heart sings all day, (wow that sounds cheezy...but oh so true). Annie decided to join us and so she left SPU at 5:30am and met us for breakfast and the hike. Curtis decided that he wanted Henry's bucket hat and that was the only hat he wanted to wear for the day. And so we let him even though it was way to small for his ginormous head, but it proved pretty hilarious for pictures and he loved it...so we both won on that one.
Tony and I headed to church and Tony was gracious enough to take Henry and let me sit through a whole service without being interrupted with kiddy stuff...amazing, i forgot what that was like after 2 years. After church we headed to my dad's place and had a great BBQ. And then Annie graciously offered to watch the boys and let Tony and i have a date night. We walked the water front and then headed into town and took in our date at Clyde Common. Would highly recommend this restaurant for all my friends that are in the area, delicious and the vibe is cool.
10 comments:
Reading this blog post just reaffirms what an amazing couple (and family) you guys are. A job loss for anyone could spell disaster and though you may both be feeling down and out, you still have this amazing positive attitude. When we got home from visiting you guys Eric and I both looked at each other and had the same feeling- "that was refreshing!" You guys are such great friends and every chance we get to spend time with you we always leave feeling lucky that we have you as friends. So looking forward to seeing you again next weekend!
Looks like an amazing weekend..looking forward to catching up! And I'm confident, Tony with find another great job.
T- oh how I love you and am so glad for your thankful and supportive spirit. You are a beautiful woman whom I love and admire tremendously. I will wait with great anticipation of what God has in store for your family.
Sweet T. Your post reminded me of the Spirit's fruit in action: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control. Praise God you have the opportunity to walk in His Grace and demonstrate your oneness with Him --- no matter the circumstance. I'm praying for God's best for your four-some. Love you. P.S.-- How did Henry get so big so fast?!
thinking of you guys at this time for sure. layoffs. we know the feeling. crazy times. it is true, God seems to know what he is doing tho. would love to see you guys. super bummed i missed the ladies dinner. been a crazy month. can you guys hang in one of the upcoming weekends?
so loved hanging with you in the cry room yesterday (wow, we have sunk low =) great to catch up! just want to reiterate that i for one use your restaurant recs. Doug Fir was definitely fun and great food. i also was inspired to write a cry room post and you will be mentioned =). praying for the job stuff- excited to see what God has for you guys!
Tiff, I've been thinking about you guys. I was sorry to read the first line in the post but I know that you guys are awesome and the rest of the post affirms that. Great attitude. I hope to see you soon so we too can catch up.
hi! i have no idea how i missed this post! such great pictures! your kids are so cute! love the pic of henry with his hat and binky:)
let's get together soon...i'm ready!
Hey there- Did you get my email? Oh, the Brit festival..music festival each summer (Cheryl Crow will be there this year and some other bigger names). Something MAtt and I thought would be fun if we're in Jacksonville/Medford this summer. I'd love to go back to Blue Lake- I have cute pics of Curtis I will post soon:)
Wow! What an awesome weekend Tiff! So glad you got to enjoy your family and hubby :-)
Post a Comment