Friday, January 11, 2008

Curtis & Jamal

Okay, so funny story. When Nikki (my 3rd sister) was about 8 yrs old my mom for Christmas got her a doll. There was actually a lot of thought behind this dolly. Since we lived out in the country we lacked friendships with um... how should I put this so that it doesn't sound weird... diverse peoples IE people of color and or ethnic backgrounds other than Caucasian. My mom having grown up in the Irvington district and having gone to Grant high school wanted to bring some diversity to the house and so she decided to buy Nikki a beautiful little black baby doll. Well Nikki loved her and I can't remember what she named the dolly, but the dolly has had a place in our house ever since.
Well as the story goes, when Curtis was born my mom thought Curtis should have a friend right away and she knew just who that friend should be... Jamal. Mom renamed Nikki's baby Jamal and since the kid doesn't have any hair anyway it really could be a boy. We put a masculine onesie on Jamal and there you have it. Jamal stays at grandma's house but always comes out to play with Curtis when we visit grandma's. When we brought Curtis home from the hospital the two were about the same size. Curtis loves playing with Jamal and this last time we were home we put the boys on their little cars and raced around the kitchen. Half way through the race Curtis reached over and tried to shove Jamal off his car, (I hope this isn't foreshadowing for future siblings or friends). Anyways, I just thought I would share with you Curtis's dear friend, faithful through the years... Jamal.








3 comments:

Misty and Matt said...

Love the pics of Curtis with Jamal! Made me laugh:)

MillerFam5 said...

That's so cute, I had to laugh! Now you have a little taste of how competitive he is going to be! I think it has something to do with being first born. Katrina is competitive to a fault, loosing is not in her realm of understanding.

Dana said...

sounds like Jamal better wear some protective gear when Curtis is around- until they are better friends, you know.