Monday, January 28, 2008

Vintage

I am always on the hunt for a good vintage t-shirt. I love the t-shirt, I would definitely categorize myself as a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal. You can't be the impatient type of person when it comes to hunting for that perfect vintage T, (unless you shop e-bay). It takes many garage sales, thrift store hunts and flea markets to make the find. When it comes to clothing Curtis it is hard to find the baby vintage stuff, until just recently. When we were up at my mother in laws place for Christmas she busted out this huge box of clothes that were Tony's when he was Curtis's age. I have to admit most of the items in the box I would never dress Curtis in (like the turquoise leisure suite) but their were a few little finds that were must haves for Curtis.
I made Curtis model the few examples that I brought to Miami. As you will notice Curtis wasn't the most responsive model.

The Mickey Mouse Shirt:

This was Tony's 1st Disneyland shirt, bought at Disneyland.


Black Hills Motorcycle Rally & Race:

Tony's family has always been into motorcycles. His grandparents owned Seattle's Downtown Harley Davidson dealership until just recently when they sold it. Tony used to race motocross with his brother until he discovered girls and then he quit.


Yamaha Shirt:

Another one of Tony's motorcycle shirts


The Donkey Kong Shirt:

C'mon who doesn't love a little Donkey Kong:)
I decided to add this last picture to show how much Curtis appreciates me as his mother and how much he loves fashion shows, runny nose and all!

7 comments:

Misty and Matt said...

Love the vintage shirts! And so cool they were Tony's. My mom pulled out some of my old clothes for Kylie (too cute).

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

It's so wierd to see him like a little man. Talling so tall and with those expressions. I feel like I'm missing out on everything! He is adorable- love you guys!

Anonymous said...

my favorite is the mickey mouse!

Anonymous said...

Auntie Carissa said.....
Oh my gosh you are the funniest mommy ever!! He really looks so grown up. It is so sad that you are so far away. I love you all tons. (I can never just leave a message argh..)

Chris and Amber said...

Those are pretty cool Tiff! Nice to not have to search too hard. I too love the Mickey Mouse:-)

Chris said...

curits has the best facial expressions. the picture of him on the cruise with that white hat and jacket was absolutely to die for! he looked like a little grown up man!
hope you guys are well...it snowed here yesterday and again today and i've been thinking of you! i'm sure you're much warmer than we are but check my blog for pics of the oregon snow!
talk to you soon!
chris

MillerFam5 said...

Those are awesome and in amazing shape for being so old (sorry Tony). I almost have to throw away an outfit at every meal, even with a bib, she is just a slob!
Umm, and it just goes to show how times have changed, I'm pretty sure you would never find a kids tee now with Mickey blazing guns!