Friday, March 20, 2009

Lessons

For Christmas this year in the Austin household we gave the gift of "time." Time could translate a few different ways. Some of the gifts were spending time, a day, a dinner or something to that effect with the person who drew your name. or The other gift of time was taking some sort of "lessons" that you have always wanted but never had the "time" or money. Tony got the gift of golf lessons that he is taking my dad up on in the spring once we start getting good weather and i got sewing lessons. I took lessons when i was in 8th grade, i even made a whole outfit, but just like spanish, i've got nada now. i asked for a sewing machine 3 years ago for christmas and received one...only to let it sit in the box unopened until NOW! For the last 4 weeks i have been having a blast taking sewing lessons brushing up on the basics and wetting my appetite for more. I have so many projects that i want to get done around my house that have required sewing that i have put off until now. I am so excited to have another tool in my box. I have signed up for the next class b/c i'm just having so much fun. Here is a little sample of what i made in my class. I made curtis a little apron for crafts or cooking, its a little big but roomy for him to grow into. Tony thinks it looks way fem with the red dots, but i thought it was very una-sex looking. i just loved the bright colors, apparently i have been out voted by everyone in my family that thinks its a tad girly, so i might have to make a "butch" apron for curtis in the near future. But that just begs the question...is there really such a thing as a "butch" apron?


8 comments:

"I'm just a mess,Mommy" said...

Tiffany! That is so cute and I don't think it's too fem at all! Curtis looks adorable :) That's so awesome that you're learning how to sew! I would like to learn someday but don't think I have the patience right now.

bobbi jo said...

cute and fun! i wish i had known you were interested in sewing! i've been wanting to take a class for years but waiting to finish the other school stuff!

Chris said...

way to go girl! it's fun isn't it!!! i'll have to email you several of the blogs i check regularly with tons of inspirational ideas for projects! sorry we missed each other this last week! let's connect soon!

j.yue said...

where are you taking class??? i want to come! that is the only way i will make the time to sew i am afraid.

j.yue said...

oh and i am with you...i love these colors! i love colors on boys. he looks stinkin' cute! peter always says ollie needs a matching scar across his face to go with my outfits.

Chris and Amber said...

You go girl! What other things are you sewing....or do you want to sew? I recently "re-learned" how to use my machine, and really enjoyed it, but now that I have all these little ones around me all day, it seems like a hopeless aspiration!! Maybe we need to do a project together!!

Dana said...

i love red on boys and my vote is that the metrosexual look is still in! you could make some and sell them- i would buy!

Misty and Matt said...

Your sewing project turned out amazing and cute! Great job- looks adorable on Curtis! You'll have to teach me :)