Monday, March 23, 2009

Snapshots

I love pictures! When tony got me my nikon D40 it was love at first focus. I love capturing the smiles, the tears, most of all i like capturing the memories. I enjoy this for fun but i've never thought of taking it to the next level. But a good friend of ours has...and he's good. Growing up i always thought it would be fun to have a "family photographer" that captured my children from the time they were born and followed them through the years. And now I have him...for the time being that is, i know that his heart is drawn to NYC so I'm sure its just a matter of time before we lose him to the big apple.



Cully Wright has been a friend of the families since we were married. We got hired within a week of each other at the Old Spaghetti Factory down on the waterfront. We always talked about what we were going to do once we got out of there. Cully's draw was always to photography. I remember tagging along... styling, hair, and makeuping a few of his very first shoots that he ever did. Its a good thing he got people who actually know the trade, i was rubbish. But it has been so exciting watching his growth from 9 years ago to where he is now.


Cully has built up quite the reputation here in the Portland area but has traveled quite extensively for photo shoots in other cities where he was sought after for his talent. He works mostly with models for local agencies, but also does fashion editorials. He now has his own studio loft in Portland and is solely able to provide with his photography business. I have loved seeing Cully's story play out of working hard and running after his dream and conquering.


I asked Cully to do Curtis's 1st baby shots and family shots, they were amazing. I like "real" photo's, i don't so much like the staged glamour shots, thats just my personal taste. So there wasn't any doubt who I was asking to do Henry's 1st shots. Once again Cully captured my crazy kids and our lives perfectly. Lots of people can take pictures, but it seems he has that special touch that just puts him above the rest in my book...and I'm picky! After we got Curtis's 1st photo's so many people asked who my photographer was, so this time i thought I would give him a proper shout out. Cully Wright Photography , fantastic photographer, amazing friend.

(*these photo's haven't been edited yet, so he's probably going to kill me for even posting these)

9 comments:

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

Aw!! I love them, I love them, I love them! So beautiful. Yeah Cully!

Chris and Amber said...

Beautiful family!!! I LOVE the family shot at the end.

Dana said...

amazing!!! So good i wouldn't have known they were unedited. you look awesome tiffany- sometimes i hard thing to do in a house with all men =)

bobbi jo said...

with such a photogenic family to work with how could these be anything but AMAZING... and they are. love them.

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!

Troy, Jenny, Myles and Keaton said...

When can we schedule a family photo shoot? These rock my world....you all are gorgeous! Love the pic of you Tiffany! You are beautiful!

Jen Jacobs said...

I totally agree about the "real" photos vs. staged. You guys did it beautifully!

Misty and Matt said...

Such a beautiful family- I'll look for you in the next Glamour Mag. and maybe Parents too!

j.yue said...

how did i miss this post!?? amazing photos! dang cute family. i am a huge fan of the "real" photos and looking for someone to do a few of poppy's 1st and the fam. but now, does he only work with cool beautiful people?????