So I am a bit neurotic. This Sunday will mark the 3 month anniversary since my last post and i am determined not to make it 3 months. I won't, I can't, I shant...you get my point. Why the absence? I am going to let you peek into the innermost dark side of my brain and let you in on my neurotic side. If you choose not to be friends with me after...i understand and don't hold anything against you, tony might take issue, but not me, i won't judge.
So here goes. After christmas i had every intention of posting the usual christmas pics, but it didn't happen. After new years i had every intention of posting the usual new years pics, but it didn't happen. After this i was about a month late on posting anything new and the guilt was already starting to creep in. Meanwhile, all of my fellow bloggers were working diligently on keeping up, taking time out of their busy days to communicate with the rest of the world. oh no, but not tiffany, its not that i didn't have the time...i just didn't feel like it. But the guilt was overwhelming. How could i be apart of a blogging community when i wasn't participating (and by participating, i mean actually working at it). The only simple solution, banish myself from the blogging world until i was ready to play fair. And this is where the neurosis sets in, their is actually something in my brain that says you can't enjoy the fruits of other peoples lives and labor if you don't actually put the work in yourself and be a contributing part. I know, I know this is blogging we are talking about for heavens sake, but i warned you...i'm crazy. so after a month of not updating a swore off any interaction with friends blogs because it just wasn't fair to them. it killed me. i have all my friends set on my favorites and had to pass over it every day. checking on my friends blogs was such a highlight in my day. my mornings were such routine, drink coffee, bounce henry on my lap, set curtis up with enough cheerios to kill a horse so he wouldn't bother me...and then check everyones blog.
But i've had it, i can't stand not knowing what is happening with all the good people in the world. no more can i handle my mornings with CNN reporting that all the goodness in the world is being bled and sucked by leeches. i need laughter, smiles, joy, rainbows, kitten sweaters, butterflies...not really, i hate mariah carey. i digress. all this to say, after i am done writing this, i am catching up on the peoples lives i love the most. no more putting jack bauer first, no more putting law and order svu first, no more putting top chef first, no more putting the office/30 rock combo first. no my friends you are first again, and i am so happy, a bit insane, but happy.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
My Neurosis
Posted by The Toms at 11:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
welcome back crazy lady!
yes well welcome back! we've been having lots of fun without you! jk. sorry we didn't make it to curtis' birthday...would have been fun! and we keep missing each other by phone as well...i'm just glad to know you're alive. I need to see some new pics of henry though!!
i like mariah carey. good singer, terrible actor.
are you not the funniest person ever? glad your still alive and that you haven't sworn off blogging!
woman, you crazy! i haven't updated my blog for awhile but I'm still checking in on everyone else!
Wow you are not my sister, what is wrong with you. Finally I guess though, will you please put up some new pics of the family, like your new family shot, I cant click on it to make it bigger. Love you!
You are awesome Tiffany. Crazy? Okay maybe a little, but I love you all the same:-) Soooo glad you are back!
All right- You have accurately described me... a total taker without giving any 'blog' love in return. I am grateful though-- not to be burdened by the guilt you describe =) I will continue to fondly check in on you and the fam- and perhaps once our lives slow a bit (post May 10th =) I will return to good standing within the blog community! Love you babe. Hope it's sooner than later that we can see one another again.
Wow- let it out! I'll still be your friend:) And if you hadn't noticed I dropped off for quite a while too!!
you are too funny! i just started blogging now that i have something to blog about (toby), and i understand the guilt and pressure it can bring - especially from the grandparents!:)
i was excited to see you had a new post!
Post a Comment