So the slide show screen saver on my computer has had a glitch for the past couple months so i've just used some generic bubbles as my screen saver. But last night i finally got to the bottom of the problem and fixed it. I really like using my photo gallery as a screen saver because it drags up pics otherwise forgotten and brings really good memories throughout the day when i glance at my computer. Here is where the "note to self" comes into play. As i was sitting down this morning with curtis to enjoy a nice bowl of cereal i was working on my 3rd bite enjoying looking at all the pics popping up when, OH GOOD LORD IN HEAVEN THERE IS HENRY'S HEAD...thats right. It was like I was watching a version of TLC's the birth story...except it was my story.
I told my mom that i didn't want pictures of the birth. Her excuse is that she got so caught up in the moment of her grandchild being born that she forgot. Needless to say when i downloaded all the hospital pictures i thought i had placed those "precious moments" photos in a private folder. I certainly NEVER thought i had left them in the general window gallery.
Right then and there at the breakfast table I blew the rest of the granola out of my nose that i had just seconds earlier snorted mid bite and said a quite, sincere prayer to Jesus and thanked Him for His graciousness on me that nobody else was at the table with me this morning for breakfast.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Note to Self
Posted by The Toms at 11:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
There are no words...
there rarely are
just blew some cereal out of my nose while reading this post...freakin' hilarious!
ya. same thing happened to me when we had our dear 10 year old cousin over and he was enjoying our slide show screen saver to find the lovely miami manikins peter took pictures of pop up! yes. tiff you remember the ones...nice peter...nice.
Oh good Lord...that's funny!
LOL! Yes, I have had the same experience....and actually, I have no idea who has seen my birthing pictures. By the time I realized they were on there, they had been on for awhile! Oh well...whadya do?
Fuhn-neeeeeee!
Wish I would have been there. Not to see your business but to see your reaction & the granola flying out. I miss ya! :)
Christina Stojo
Your blog never fails to make me laugh! A few years ago when we were selling one of our cars these people showed up to my house unannounced to look at the car. It was gone with my husband and although I was annoyed, I invited them in and offered to show them some pictures of it. While I was trying to bring up the pics of the car a picture of my nine month bare prego belly popped up instead. Talk about embarrassing. They never did call back about the car!
Post a Comment