Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Stinky Hot Miami Thanksgiving

Well, Thankgiving has come and gone and with exception to a few leftovers in the fridge that remains the only evidence that Thanksgiving was here in the Tom household. I have to be honest, celebrating Thanksgiving in 80 degree weather, no family and in a house that's not really your house, that has contemporary furniture (anybody that knows me knows I like used furniture with bangs and scratches on it) was sadly just another day. I woke up in high spirits thinking that this could be really fun having Thanksgiving just the 3 of us in a new place. But as soon as I walked out into the living room we had a problem...the sun was glaring into the place. I opened the porch door and the heat came pouring in. This could not be, not on my Thanksgiving, so I went over to the AC and cranked it. It wasn't long before Curtis and Tony were huddling under the down comforter asking, "what the heck is wrong with you?"

What we needed next was something warm to drink, so I threw on the some spiced cider and soon a delightful aroma was wafting through the air. I needed something else though, I wouldn't begin cooking for some time and I needed something else to get in the Thanksgiving spirit. I got it, crafts! So I set off working on Thanksgiving outfits for Curtis and Tony. I must say it was a labor of love, even though Tony refused to wear the black trash bag with a belt cinched around the waist. I told him it was vital to the outfit but he put his foot down.

I ended up cooking a mediocre meal, we watched an above mediocre football game (Go Green Bay!!!) and well thats about it. All this to say, family was dearly missed and home (Portland) was dearly missed. Thanksgiving for both Tony and myself holds great memories and we are so thankful for the family and friends that have helped make these memories with us.










5 comments:

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

I don't want to say that the pictures are not totally and completely adorable, but little Curty has a spelling problems in his pants. Because Chief Curtis is spelled wrong...love you!

LO

The Toms said...

Danggit!! I even ran that spelling past Tony and I knew it didn't look right for some reason. Now everyone will know how bad a speller I am:)

Anonymous said...

These are the cutest pictures ever. Mom and I think that you should have worn the garbage bag to top it all off....along with the belt. Glad to see you made the best of it, we sure did miss you guys!!!

Dana said...

i think this post/your pictures really showcase your great creativity as a mother! so cool. are you guys going to pdx for christmas?? i want to meet your little guy eventually...

The Toms said...

yes, we are coming home for christmas. i will be home on the 13th - 1st. it would be great to get together.