Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Visit From Auntie Carissa



Tony's sister Carissa came down to visit us this last week and we had such a great time. This is actually the longest time I have ever spent with Carissa since...well, ever. Our schedules have always been busy and we have never had more then a few days together and they have always been with other people. Tony worked all week and was out of town for a night so it was just the two of us (plus Curtis) and it was wonderful. There was lot's of good conversation, laughing and shopping that kept us busy all week. We put on the miles walking all over South Beach amused by the hilarious outfits that people were wearing or the lack of outfits people were wearing. The first day Carissa was here we were in the car heading someplace when a man rode by on his bike wearing an american flag speedo with a huge flag on the back of his bike, and I remember looking in the back seat as Carissa's jaw dropped and she uttered, "oh my." Yes my friends it is a long way from the northwest down here.
Carissa got some good auntie time in down here too. This was the longest she has been able to spend time with Curtis and Curtis ate it up. He was glued to his auntie's hip for most of the week, which he relished since mommy isn't that nice. She is such a great aunt and she absolutely adores Curtis, she is already missed.









2 comments:

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

I'm so glad that you had that time with Carissa!! What a treat- I'm sure that Carissa loved spending time with you and Curtis. I'm counting down the days!! I will be in Miami on Dec 3rd whoohoo!!!

Love you!

LO

aunti anne` said...

anthony and tiffany
Spent 5 hours on your blogspot sunday. Ancient tele lines and not a chance they will ever install fibre optics on our primitive road in my lifetime. Not productive to go satellite.
Carissa told me about your spot and I learned quite a lot about the Tom/Austin clan(s).

I will include my email address and cell numbers to facilitate communication in the future. I hope you will keep in touch.

gourdwin@isp.com

(520) 249-3429