Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Showers, Falls and a Little Bit of Drizzle

Showers


This weekend I hosted a baby shower for a dear friend of mine who just had her first baby. Bethany has led Young Life with me at Grant high school the past few years and is an awesome friend as well as an awesome leader/friend to the ladies at Grant. This past year while I was away in Miami she carried the leader torch by herself and was amazing. Through pregnancy and all she did such a fantastic job making sure each girl was taken care of and know each felt like they were important to her. Her little girl is beautiful and I couldn't be more happy for her and her little family that she has started.
Meanwhile... while this afternoon was supposed to me a mommy only get together and Curtis and daddy were going to have their special afternoon together. Curtis somehow weaseled his way into the room and plopped himself down right in the middle of the ladies, (go figure, that's my little man). He was quite thrilled to find each one of them had cell phones that he proceeded to grab out of their hands all the while giving them a "whats up ladies grin." Those of you that know my son, know that he has a serious addiction to cell phones. I thought it was cute at first, but now it has turned into something far more serious, he is a raving lunatic. Were working on this. And all the while where was this child's father???








Falls


Also, this weekend we has some friends stay with us with their 2 year old little girl Emma. Curtis loved having a playmate around from the time he woke up till he went to bed. Emma's dad biked the 70 mile Lance Armstrong Nike thingy this weekend and did a great job, Nice work Eric!! Basically after 70 miles seeing that he could still walk we considered that a success. One of the outings we took this weekend was to the park blocks downtown. We ended up at the Ira Park Fall across the street from the Keller Auditorium. It was a blazing hot day and the kids loved the water. By the end they were both naked and loving every minute.


Emma decided to stake her claim on Curtis on the ride home with a little hand holding. Obviously Curtis looks like he is resisting. Actually he is giving his best, "yeah, whats up, i'm pretty much a baller," face. Aww to be young.



A Little Drizzle




Just some fun pics of my family that i love so much!!!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog thing is so cool-- Getting to be a part of your life despite the miles =)

So are you doing 'Young Life' again now that you're back? What does that look like exactly in terms of obligations and activities?

I don't know what it is about kids and putting shirts on their heads--mine do it too, I guess its a childhoold rite of passage or something =)

Thanks for the compliment on the mosaic and our spiritual insights =) My next project is getting caught up on scrapbooking! Haven't done it since just before Christmas! Do you scrap book?

Dana said...

you are becoming the queen of the mega post =) and i love it! i also am green over curtis' superman shirt. zane had an old school yoda shirt, that if we have another boy i am dying to put on him. contrary to pop opinion, you can actually dress boys really cute- and you guys do!

bobbi jo said...

a few comments...

first, congrats on the posting, i excuse you from my earlier rebuke on my blog

second, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of curty and emma holding hands- what a P-I-M-P (in the most Christian use of the word)

third, want to go to the fountains with you guys sometime this summer

Chris and Amber said...

Love the pic of Curtis holding hands with Emma in the car....priceless! Watch out little ladies...Curtis Tom is on the loose:-)

Misty and Matt said...

You'll have to give me ideas on what you did at the shower- post baby...I need a few pointers for one I will be planning soon. Ok- Curtis has to be one of the cutest boys I've ever seen! Love the cell phone/girls mania, looks like he's loving it. And I don't know if I've ever been to those fountains?! You always seem to know the greatest places in Ptown. Let's hang out soon- sorry I bailed yesterday.

Lauree "LO" Austin said...

Awh, my sister. I love you. Thanks for the awesome posts with tons of Curty pics to love on. My little man is growing up and he better be getting prepped on who is Aunt Lauree is. I should have a completely up to speed nephew when I come back in August. If you need a couple of close up head shots to show him when he is going to bed at night let me know.
Looks like you guys are having fun in the sun and Curty is developing quite a personality! Love it- by the way where was Dad? TONY?