Okay, so my friend Candace tagged me a few days back to list "7 songs that are shaping my summer." This has shaped up to be a little harder then I originally thought. Not because I don't like listening to music it's just that i listen to so much and so different kinds of music that it's hard to say what songs are "shaping" me or my summer for that matter. I have really been into Pandora Radio which is an Internet radio station that creates play lists off of different artists or genres that you like. Its no hassle fantastic and I have been introduced to so many different artists this way. But here goes my list of songs that have definitely gotten more attention then others this summer....
Bounce by Jay Z. This is the famous "go to" song that Tony and I love getting into the car on a nice warm sunny day/night and chillin' to the best rapper of all time.
Boy With a Coin by Iron & Wine. I find this song intoxicating and could listen to it over and over. If you look this song up on youtube and play the video their is a full flamenco dance which is pretty cool to watch.
Say It To Me Now by Glen Hansard. This song is so raw, i love the emotion that he pours into this song. I think everyone has wanted to scream this song at some point in their life.
Hillsong United Worship. Pretty much any song on this CD i really enjoy listening too. This is Curtis and my wake up/eat breakfast CD that we jam to every morning.
One and Only by Teitur. I first heard this song on my friends blog and i fell in love. It is so easy to listen to and i love his voice.
How It Ends by Devotchka. The most hauntingly beautiful song that I have heard in years. It moves me every time I listen to it. This song was featured on the Everything is Illuminated soundtrack, which if you haven't seen the movie you should, it's amazing.
No Air by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown. This is pretty much my "ghetto top 40 teeny bopper I'm not ashamed that i listen to it song" that i just love!!! Tony pretty much want to puke every time i turn it on.
And the BONUS song of the summer which is my number one sum up song
The Gummy Bear Song by who knows and who cares. This song describes my summer with my son Curtis to a T. It is getting to the point where This dang Gummy Bear is Barney for me.
7 comments:
All I can say I guess is your welcome, your welcoming for showing you No Air, Devotchka, and Iron and Wine. Yes I know your sister has wicked good taste in music, its ok to say that out loud. ;) Good choices!
wohoo! fun. i like that...songs that have shaped your summer. thanks for giving up your list. must be great having a hip sis to keep you up on all this stuff! no fair. let's hang soon!
you rock for doing that- and the songs i am not familiar with, i am going to look up on itunes to check em out. i knew you would would be eclectic- love glen hansard.
I discovered pandora this summer too. Love it. Thanks for the tips on good music, I'll be checking those out!
I wish I could make memories this weekend with you and the girls, but I hope it turns into a regular thing so I don't miss a one time opportunity!
Tiff, I'm so glad my muffin tops could be so 'pee your pants' amusing! It was seriously one of those pull your hair out days! Oh but wait, with a two year old, it's never ending- she's currently in time out wailing because she threw a tantrum when we said no chocolate cake. Oy kids are rough!
You have got to be kidding me!
Ass Up!
It's a Flying Rhino staple made famous by your awesome dance moves.
Glad you didn't tag any of us...I don't think I could honestly come up with songs...I'm lame I know. But now I can try out some of the songs you listen to! Looking forward to it! Let's try to bring Jodi a meal in a couple weeks?!
Post a Comment